IMAGINE A GRINDING WHEEL THAT YOU’LL NEVER HAVE TO THROW AWAY…
Imagine a sanding disc that can be used on both sides. Imagine a blade that can cut metal, plastic, fiberglass, plexiglass, stone, tile, masonry, and more. Now imagine all that in one amazing tool. You’re not imagining things – it’s the Handi Disc. The Handi Disc is a flexible abrasive wheel made from a fiberglass mesh base and a proprietary mix of abrasives. It is available in a variety of diameters for use on a hand drill, table saw, hand grinder, and miter saw.
DISCOVER ALL YOU CAN DO WITH THE HANDI DISC
A SIZE TO MATCH TO JOB AND TOOL
The Handi Disc is such an amazing tool we know you’ll want it for every job! To help, we make the Handi Disc in an array of sizes to fit a variety of tools.
- 4″, 4.5″, 7″, and 10″ diameters
- Use on bench grinder, hand-held grinder, table saw, compound miter saw
- Available Arbor Set lets you mount Handi Disc on hand drill – It’ll become your go-to tool!
- Handi Disc can be left stiff for perfectly straight cuts
- Use both sides for sanding!
- Bend to create flexible wheel that’s perfect for sanding and grinding
- Sharpen axes, hoes, lawnmower blades, shovels, chisels, and more
- Safest grinding wheel you can buy – it won’t shatter or fly apart
Construction: Fiberglass Mesh Base
Abrasive: Silicon Carbide and Diamond
Size: 3″, 4″, 4-1/2″, 7″ or 10″
Arbor Hole: 1/2″
Maximum RPM: Arbor-3,600RPM; Wheel-10,000
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Don’t excessively tighten the mounting screw
- Bring wheel into contact with work carefully
- Use light pressure when cutting. Let the wheel do the work
- Open cut in tubing so Handi Disc does not bind
TILE, MARBLE, SLATE
- Tape glazed side to minimize chipping
- Cut on grout lines for easy removal of mounted tile
- Cut with shiny side up to prevent chipping
- Use hammer-action where rebar or other material is present
- Score circumference of brike 1/2″ and snap
- Sand rough breaks with side of disc
- Bevel Edges
- Do NOT cut glass
- DO NOT use the Handi Disc for furniture refinishing or other fine sanding
- DO NOT bend disc beyond 45°
- DO NOT cut arbor hole open. Check for snug fit before turning power tool on. Arbor hole may be reamed by hand up to 1/4″ larger, using a rat-tail file.
- Flex Handi Disc to crack stiffening resin until supple for optimum sanding and grinding. Note that “flexed” discs will not cut a perfectly straight line
- Use Handi Disc to sand wood, fiberglass, body filler for a medium-grit finish. The Handi Disc will remove thick copper-based bottom paint
- Mount Handi Disc on hand drill (with arbor supplied) or hand-held grinder. Always use supplied rubber pressure washer
- Remember that BOTH sides of the Handi Disc may be used
- Use the Handi Disc to sharpen axes, hoes, shovels, chisels, even lawn mower blades! Disconnect spark plugs and remove any fuel before proceeding.
- Be sure sparks are going away from sharp edge of blade and take the same number of strokes on either side. Knock any burrs off the back of the blade with the back of the Handi Disc to ensure balance
- Use rubber washers supplied with arbor for all flange applications. Flanges should be at least 1/4 the size of the disc, clean and flat.
Wear it out? In the unlikely event that you do, the Handi Disc is guaranteed for life!
Please return the Handi Disc, along with $7.50 USD for return shipping and handling.
If sending via USPS:
Mail to PO Box 851
Bristol, RI 02809
If sending via UPS or FEDEX:
Send to 24 Broadcommon Rd
Bristol, RI 02809